Sunday, February 12, 2017

If you can't tell I'm making a salad



What I Accomplished This Week
This week I was able to create a gate that brought my initial character to the next level. I did this by creating an action that when the player comes in contact with the gate the player will be transported to the next level. I also was able to start production on creating that level. It is going to change to a platformer after the transition which required me to create a jump mechanic which also meant removing the up movement. I also needed to create a gravity function on the Y axis so that the character would move down.

What am I Working On?
I am currently working on trying to fully create the second level but I am having some unfortunate luck. Even while I can create platforms for the second level and have made the player jump I can't move them sideways while retaining the same height. I don't really know why that is but it just so happens to be that way so I'm currently trying to fix that.

What do I Plan to do Next?
 What I plan to do next is to pretty much wrap up the second level which hopefully won't take too long but trying to find good tutorials on what I'm looking for is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But hopefully I can get the format of the level finished by next week.

2 comments:

  1. That is cool. What other levels are you working on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are learning a lot and making great progress!

    ReplyDelete