Hello everybody! Welcome back to Will's Sub Par Blog! This week I was able to create a new level. Now, mind you, not a working level but it is a "New level". I've been trying to create a portal that can appear in one level to bring you to the next. But guess what? I technically have a game now! I found out that by creating a new scene and that the transition would be reacting based on the death of the players character. This triggered a new scene to appear which this time is the "you lose" screen. So far it's not much of a game but I have a fully functioning level and the ability to restart the level if you die! This doesn't seem like much but it opens up a lot of possibility. I learned how to display text from this project and now also know how to reset specific things. This means that later I could create a platform based game and apply gravity to create something like a Mario game with levels. Though I have not made the level two yet I will be planning on making that my next step as I will also be working on various other gimmicks to make the game more interesting. I will hopefully teach myself how to spawn things into the game next because that once again will open far more opportunities to do more in the game. Well thanks for reading I hope you have a wonderful day!
I enjoyed how you mentioned how this would further the games development.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have everything carefully plan out. How many levels do you plan on making?
ReplyDeleteI think that this is probably one of the coolest projects ever. I like how you use comedy in your blog to keep us interested.
ReplyDelete