Sunday, January 15, 2017

Washing the veggies

In the past week I did not complete too much but I added a new-ish sort of feature. I was able to create another character and make that character move from point a to point b with out the need of a key or signal to trigger the reaction apart from starting the game. It wasn't that much of a task but that opens and idea for a few different ways I could make my game play. This character is for this game at least meant to be an enemy for the first character we created. What I will be working on now is a way to reset the game when ever the character hits the enemy. That way I can create a game that has an end based on the efforts of dogging all of the enemies that will appear later on. What I might do also later on is try to create a tittle screen with a start button or a game over screen with a retry button. This way it will feel more official like a real game. Also wonderful side note, I fixed the trail my character used to make! It is so nice not having to see that awful sight after I fixed it. You have no idea how much flipping anxiety that stupid square gave me.I also happened to fix the bouncing problem that showed every time the character hit the wall. Anyways what I have so far is only a small step and I'm still learning new things every day about GameSalad also I'll give you a picture of my work and leave you with a task. Another thing that comes up is what this project can do for your college career. Teaching yourself how to create and publish a game is something that could look great on both a college resume and a job resume. Individually creating something that requires tech skill and self teaching shows a dedicated work ethic and creative mind which colleges look for. Comment at least three things that made you smile today. See you next post!


5 comments:

  1. Cant wait to play it when its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This game seems like its going to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you are making a video game. That is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going to be a super cool game. I want to play it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to the finished product and it sounds like you have a good plan set!

    ReplyDelete